Vegetarian Pumpkin Chili Recipe
Hearty Vegetarian Pumpkin Chili Recipe
This hearty vegetarian pumpkin chili is a comforting and flavorful meal perfect for cool weather. It is packed with protein and fiber, and is sure to please even the pickiest eaters. The combination of vegetables, beans, and spices give this chili a unique and delicious flavor. The pumpkin adds a subtle sweetness that is balanced out by the chili powder and other spices. This recipe is easy to make and can be ready in just an hour. Serve with a side of cornbread for a complete meal. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 15-ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 28-ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil and heat until shimmering. Add the onion, garlic, bell peppers, and jalapeno (if using) to the pot and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the black beans, pinto beans, diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, pumpkin puree, and lime juice to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer until the chili is thick and flavorful, about 45 minutes.
Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt, a sprinkle of cilantro, and a lime wedge. Enjoy!