Thai Sweet Potato Quinoa
Thai Sweet Potato Quinoa Recipe
This Thai Sweet Potato Quinoa recipe is a delicious vegan and vegetarian meal that can be served as a main dish or side. It’s full of flavor and nutrition, and it’s easy to make. The sweet potatoes and quinoa are combined with a flavorful sauce made with coconut milk, curry paste, and fresh herbs. The result is a savory and satisfying meal that is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 can of light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of honey (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon of fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the cubed sweet potato on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven and set aside.
Meanwhile, prepare the quinoa according to package instructions. Once cooked, set aside.
In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the coconut milk, curry paste, soy sauce, honey, ginger, garlic, and olive oil. Whisk together until combined. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in the cilantro and basil.
In a large bowl, combine the cooked sweet potato, cooked quinoa, and sauce. Mix until everything is combined and evenly coated in the sauce. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
Serve the Thai Sweet Potato Quinoa warm with your favorite sides. Enjoy!