Spring Salad With Barley and Lemon Chive Vinaigrette
Description of Spring Salad With Barley and Lemon Chive Vinaigrette
This light and refreshing spring salad is the perfect accompaniment to any meal. It features a combination of cooked barley, crisp vegetables, and a zesty lemon chive vinaigrette. The nutty, earthy flavor of the barley is complemented by the tartness of the lemon and the sharpness of the chives. The crunchy vegetables add texture to the salad, and the vinaigrette brings it all together. This hearty salad is perfect for lunch or dinner and can be served as a side dish or a main course.
– 2 cups cooked barley
– 2 cups diced cucumbers
– 2 cups chopped bell peppers (any color)
– 1 cup shredded carrots
– 1/2 cup diced red onion
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
– 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
– 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
– 1 teaspoon honey
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine the cooked barley, cucumbers, bell peppers, carrots, and red onion.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper to make the vinaigrette.
3. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and mix until all the ingredients are evenly coated.
4. Sprinkle the chopped chives over the salad and mix again.
5. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!