Simple mushroom curry
Simple Mushroom Curry
This simple mushroom curry is a delicious, vegan and vegetarian dish that is easy to make and full of flavor. It is great for a weeknight dinner or for entertaining friends and family. The earthy flavor of mushrooms is complemented by the spices and herbs, creating a unique and delicious flavor. This dish can be served with basmati rice, naan bread, or any other accompaniment of your choice.
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can of coconut milk
- 3 cups of sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are soft and beginning to brown. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly, until fragrant.
Stir in the coriander, cumin, turmeric, cardamom, cinnamon, cayenne, and garam masala and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly, until fragrant. Add the tomatoes and coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the mushrooms and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are cooked through. Add the cilantro and season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Serve hot with basmati rice or naan bread. Enjoy!