salad and new potatoes
Vegetarian Salad and New Potatoes
This delicious vegetarian salad and new potatoes dish is full of flavor and texture. It’s a great way to get a healthy, nutritious meal that is also hearty and satisfying. The combination of fresh vegetables, new potatoes, and a light vinaigrette dressing is sure to please. The potatoes provide a filling base for the salad, while the vegetables add freshness and crunch. The vinaigrette dressing adds a burst of flavor and brings the whole dish together. This dish is easy to make and perfect for a summer meal.
- 2 pounds of new potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups of mixed salad greens
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup of diced red onion
- 1/2 cup of sliced cucumber
- 1/4 cup of slivered fresh basil
- 1/4 cup of slivered fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup of slivered fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and coat with the olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper. Roast for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and tender. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the salad greens, tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, basil, parsley, and mint. In a separate bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, lemon juice, honey, dijon mustard, and extra-virgin olive oil. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
Once the potatoes have cooled, cut them into bite-sized pieces. Add the potatoes to the salad and toss to combine. Serve the salad and potatoes immediately.