Easy Granola Recipe on Stove Top With Jaggery
Easy Granola Recipe On Stove Top With Jaggery
Granola is a delicious and nutritious snack that is easy to make and can be served as a breakfast cereal, in yogurt or in other foods. Granola is usually made with oats as the main ingredient, and it is usually sweetened with honey or sugar. However, this easy granola recipe uses jaggery, an unrefined sugar that is made from the sap of a variety of palm trees, as the sweetener. This vegan and vegetarian-friendly granola recipe is made on the stovetop and has a delicious and slightly smoky flavor.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup jaggery
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds or walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oats and toast for about 3-4 minutes, stirring often, until lightly golden brown.
2. Add the coconut oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt and stir to combine. Cook for another minute or two, stirring constantly, until the oil is melted and the spices are fragrant.
3. Add the jaggery and stir until it is melted and evenly distributed. Reduce the heat to low and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the almonds and raisins and cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring often. Then add the shredded coconut and cook for 1 minute more.
5. Remove from heat and let cool for 10-15 minutes. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Your easy vegan and vegetarian granola is now ready to enjoy! Serve with yogurt, milk, or as a topping for your favorite desserts. Enjoy!