Apple Nachos: A Delicious and Healthy Vegetarian Recipe
Apple nachos are the perfect snack for a healthy, delicious treat. Made with tart apples, crunchy nuts, and creamy nut butter, they’re a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth without feeling guilty. They’re also incredibly easy to prepare and can be ready in minutes. Best of all, apple nachos are vegan and vegetarian-friendly, making them an ideal snack for those following a plant-based diet.
- 2 tart apples, such as Granny Smith or Braeburn, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup creamy nut butter (e.g. almond, peanut, cashew, etc.)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts of your choice (e.g. almonds, walnuts, pecans, etc.)
- 1/4 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
2. Place the apple slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
3. In a small bowl, melt the nut butter and coconut oil together until smooth.
4. Drizzle the nut butter mixture over the apple slices.
5. Sprinkle the chopped nuts, dark chocolate chips, and dried cranberries over the top.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the apples are lightly browned.
7. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!